= ∞ =
Department Head : Mr. Eufrocino J. Guerrero
Location : Right Wing, Lower Ground Floor, New City Hall of Calamba
Office #s : (049) 545-6789 loc 8001/8002
- The Department is mandated to develop/implement plans and programs relative to agriculture and aquaculture that will ensure maximum assistance to farmers for the upliftment of their economic conditions. These programs focus on provision of subsidized inputs, transfer of technology, and establishment of demo/trials. Encouraging/assisting farmers cooperatives/organizations, and regular extension of technical assistance.
- The Department also stresses the importance of equipping its technical personnel with updated knowledge and skills on modern technologies that would enhance agricultural through trainings/seminars and other capability building activities.
- The effectivity of this office on its set work plans will be lessened without the moral and financial support for the city government, hence this, proposal.
1. To deliver effectively the basic services extended by the City Government to its constituents, farmers and fisherfolks in particular;
2. To improve the economic condition of farm families to a sustainable level;
3. To effectively transfer new/improved technologies that is beneficial to the farmers/fisherfolks;
4. To promote/encourage urban agriculture;
5. To provide technical assistance to farming communities.